Part 2 of my Scandinavian blogs features Aina of Modern Country. I love Aina's blog and have been following her for several months. Aina lives in Norway! All photographs are compliments of Aina and Modern Country:
- Please share with us a little something about yourself Aina:
- Your Modern Country blog combines decorating with beautiful photography. What inspires you:
First of all my surrounding means a lot to me. If you surround yourself with beautiful things they will inspire you every minute of the day. A little vase, a pretty white rose or just a lovely book you received last Christmas. There’s a lot that inspires me, but mostly things that grows, energy from people and treasures that I have decorated my house with.
- I love this quote on your blog by William Morris, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." How do you use this quote in your own decorating style:
Easily, I do not buy things that to me are not beautiful or things that I can’t use in one way or other. I never buy things just to “show” off, things that are just there and gathering dust. They all have to have a function and to put a smile on my face. I Believe that Beautiful things gives you and your home good Karma.
- I know you do lots of handcrafting and sewing. Do you have a dedicated space or studio in your home where you craft:
Yes, I have created a little corner that is just for me. Our place is not very good divided in large zones; however I have managed, after hours of moving furniture’s around, to create a functioning working place. I do need more space for all my fabric though, the pile is growing fast. I am planning to change things around so I have everything within an arm's length distance. Storage is the key word!! But my dream is a huge studio filled with enough space to store and work without mess and enough silence to work uninterrupted for hours J But for now, my corner works just fine!
- What is some of your favorite places to find vintage goods:
When I move to a new area, the first thing I do is to look up all the local flea markets. I use the Internet, ask people, visit Antique shops and I search for bargains at public markets. Free markets, second-hand shops, and online bidding sites and web shops are good sources too.
- Do you have any future projects or plans you can share with us
I do have plans to develop and improve my skills, my house and my little company. However, everything takes time. This year I have a few new exciting co-operations. In Norway, The Netherlands and even with a lovely lady in Australia too.
I want to take this opportunity to thank Carol for doing this Interview. And I want to thank all my readers for their devotion through these two last years. And for all my new readers, welcome to my little world!
Well Thank You sweet Aina! I hope you drop by Modern Country and say "Hej" or Hello to Aina. More to come!